Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Trying_in_Texas

GL... so understand that. I don't like to hang out with people I don't respect either... and I realized about a month ago that I wasn't even attracted to him anymore. If he were to actually go to treatment... get his own place... save some money and start being productive instead of counterproductive... who knows. It is very unlikely, and in any event, I will problably not even be available anymore by the time such work is done... and besides all that, he would be a different person if all of those things happened, so whether or not I would be attracted to him is as much of a crapshoot as it is with anyone else these days.

Sooner or later I know it will come... the time when wanting to get on with my life trumps not wanting to be "mean" to him or still being concerned that I should "be there" for him. I think it is okay that the day isn't today though... he's very sad and depressed over everything in his life right now, and although I realize that this is his burden to bear... I don't mind being an ear for him every once in awhile. Although at the start of our relationship, he really seemed to be the "life of the party", so much so that I wondered if I could keep up... three years later, the party is over and he really doesn't have any friends that aren't really just using buddies.