View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kim1973berly

Terrified that I made a mistake....

Well, as I have shared we are most recently dealing with my sister and all the problems that her drinking and using have and are still causing. So as if it wasn't enough already that the two boyfriends were in jail and in ICU she just can't stop finding trouble.
She informs me tonight that she will be taking me up on the offer to move in with me, my husband and my three children (all of whom are under 5 and my most recent is one month old). When I very calmly yet simply said "Honey, I don't know if I am equipped to handle that." She tells me that I won't have to worry about her anymore and then turns her phone off.
We are very familiar with her suicide talk when she is bombed. But it always scares me to death. I am afraid to let her live with me. My husband has been clean for a year and three months, I don't think that we need her in our faces all the time. She swears that she will be sober while she is here but I can't believe that either. I can't handle another child, and the danger she brings to my children. I need someone to tell me that I did the right thing.

What if this is the time that she really does follow through and takes her life? How do I learn to just turn her off? Her disease is killing us, the people that love her more than she can ever know. We are all just frozen with fear. She lives in CLeveland, I am in Detroit.