Old 03-16-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

This thread reminds me of seeing my old best friend yesterday. We were talking about her ex and the chaos and extent of her codependency.

SHe was attracted to him because unlike everyone else in her life he wasnt using, he was 6 months clean. They were together 4 years.
He, to her knowledge never used during that relationship and went to NA 4 nights a week, However, he cheated on her with atleast 8 girls from NA (He now attends SA.) He would get paid Friday and go on sudden unannounced 3 day fishing or hunting trips, come back with little money (but lots of new fishing or hunting equipment.) Work was sporadic.
SHe covered the bills groceries ect. Credit and all was in her name. She was belittled constantly while she did everything in intent to make him happy.

She finally left-by leaving the state for good and not saying goodbye. 4 days later he moved down from up north an active addict stripper and went through a very bad relapse.

This thread is on enabling right......This is my point. Theyve been a part for 6 years he still calls 1x a year and restarts the I love you, Im now through step 6 can we get together again. She's flown him out there, to quickly have him act the same. There are so many ways to enable their issues even when the using stops.