View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Originally Posted by BigSis View Post
Gwen... I don't think this is SO much about the driving (yeah, I would have done it, felt just like you do, and then maybe had a double back up the NEXT time).

I think this is more about a partner who sounds like a controlling anon without a program.

So .... why does he get the kids? I would take them and let HIM fight for them (unless it starts freaking them out, then I would probably try to find an arbitrator, or other state or court official to help with with MY custody).

You are in my prayers girl. (((hugs)))
I had a plan that failed, so I should have had a back up. This is where I made the mistake. I should have had a backup ride. I will do this the next time.

As far as the kids, when I was trying to get clean, Division or Family Services were involved, since I was inthe home and was an addict they took away our kids.

They forced the issue of him having full custody so I would clean myself up. So we went to court and I gave him full custody during the school year and I get them in the summer. But we still reside in the same household. If we should split up then he is awarded custody. I have no say when it comes to taking the kids here. He is the one with a full time job, the home and all that makes everything stable for our kids.

I wont fight that. He has their best intrest in mind. He is the more stable one in our family. He doesnt have the legal problems as I do either.