View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Calli

Question New and desperate!!

I am in desperate need of advice. My husband is an addict. It started as a social thing 5 years ago with a few Vicodin on a weekend. You know the drill, progressively got worse, and the on again, off agains are to many to count. He would detox on his own, never really telling me how bad it was. The past 2 years have been hell. More on than off, threw him out, came back crying with empty promises. Stayed clean for 2 months. Last week I found 4 (only 4) vicodin in his car. This time I wasn't going to let it get bad. I confronted him, and vowed to get him help. Because he has gone through all our $, house in forclosure and cars already repoed, I had no choice to call his parents. (he's 33 yrs old) His father came and got him. Needless to say he was on percocet, Vicoden, Oxycoton and Methadone(2 months). I was floored...I know now how blind I was. Now everything else makes sense. My questions are endless but first--- I am so angry, how can I be supportive when I want to kill him (not literally!) He's 3 hours away, detoxing 6th day. still seems to have the I'm the victim attitude. Sorry for the rambling I have no idea what to do.
I'm 30 years old and we have been together 9 years, married 4 1/2 years, and have a 1 1/2 year old beautiful girl, that gives me reason to go on.

Problem is I love him with all my heart, and I wish the wonderful man I married would come back. Is it possible. Will he ever be that man again?
I am so afraid he'll detox, and go back in a few months. What do I do?

So sorry I vented...have no one that won't be biased.