Thread: Feeling uneasy
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CrushedbyCrack

Feeling uneasy

MY AH has 10 days completely sober. I must say he's been doing really well these last ten days. He was supposed to start his treatment appointments (of his own choosing) tonight. Now my AH just called, and it sounds like he's trying to get out of going to rehab.

He had called early this morning and said he saw some compost he wanted to get after work before his rehab appt then he would just go from there to rehab without taking a shower. Now he is saying that he thinks he'll just go early tomorrow and not go at all today. He is saying he is getting off work early tomorrow to go to the doctor (appt at 2pm) and then has an appt with a counselor at 4:30 at rehab and he will just make up for time missed there today tomorrow. I said, I didn't know it worked that way, and he said he is not court ordered to go, so it doesn't matter. Then proceeded to say that he is doing fine and doesn't need to go unless I just want him to waste our money (not covered under insurance).

OK, so he has 10 days sober. Big deal?? Now he won't answer the phone. Who knows, maybe he can stay sober on his own...but 10 days sober and thinking he's fine means next week he will think it's ok to have a beer and be fine then, a week after that he will think that he can do just one hit and he'll be fine. Then right back where we started.

I'm so confused right now. Should I insist he go to his appt tonight? I told him after he chose to go to treatment that I would divorce him if he didn't. Or should I just leave it in his hands (I didn't cause, can't control, can't cure) and see what happens?