View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
IO Storm
IO Storm

Hello.

A little bit about anger.

I believe AA proposes not that we can avoid anger; but that we handle "appropriate" anger responsibly. The Big Book says we are literally "burned up" inside.

It also teaches that we not judge, attack, or retaliate. We deal with our own "inside job". And try in the meantime to not create more chaos to deal with later.

{It} says "the grouch and the brainstorm are not for us" and will eventually be used as an alibi to pick up a drink.

I believe that inappropriate anger comes from fear and rage is used to control others, to get them to do what you want them to do.

I had a talk with my mother recently and she cried and said I was so much better now than I was nine moths ago.
She said "You were always angry and saying how angry you were". I was using then and honestly have no memory of this. I thought I was zipping around happily.
tweaking on my pills and gambling for 2 or 3 days straight.

Many times,(or all), the active alcoholic/addict has no concept or recall of their actions, and pronbably none of their feelings.

Altered states.

Hope this helped someone today. It helped me to remember the damage and rely on God's grace to be kind and useful in someway to someone today.

Love,

IO Storm