View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sophia57

Denny, they didnt understand my issues really either..to them I was in a bad marriage and that's what they focussed on. Stuff they suggested we do simply wouldnt work with my husband - eg tell him to get a new job or get out.

Easier said than done, when he's full of fear.

I went to alanon for me (as I did with the counsellors) as I understand i cant help him, only myself. It was my own fault i got lazy and complacent and never had the nerve (or knew how) to ask for a sponsor. Is it ok to share at a meeting and actually say you're looking for a sponsor to help you?

Or do you wait to be approached by someone after a meeting...that never happened to me and most people left pretty quickly after, or just talked to those they knew. Maybe I didnt try hard enough to speak to people but I am a bit shy and felt very vulnerable. I only went for a few months.

Today my hub is talking wildly about selling our little house and moving abroad..running away in other words. We're in our early 50s, who on earth would employ us in a foreign country without the language?

I'm taking this as quacking? would I be right?