View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 02:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

Sophia,

Deep breath.....slow....deep....breath!! OK.....

Sorry to say it sounds like he's getting ready for a relapse. My ex got very negative about AA (called it a cult), started conversing with his drinking buddies again (his ex mainly), was negative about life, about us, about everything, and in the blink of an eye, down the hill he went.

If he doesn't or won't help himself, that doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't help yourself! Doesn't your H have medical insurance at work? Are you on the plan? Maybe you could find a counselor for yourself that way at an affordable price. I mean, even if you have to give up some of the extras to afford it....you're worth it right?

I know what you mean about the lack of Alanon mtgs. in some areas. I've found the same to be true of my area. But, you know you've always got us....that's what we're here for.

If his temper/anger/meltdowns are making you feel uncomfortable, leave for awhile. Go to the store, a friend's house, the library....just get away to give him time to calm down, and a more pleasant atmosphere for you to be in. I know that it can drag you down and be so draining when someone is always so negative or spewing anger all over the place. Maybe without an audience to listen, he might be more inclined to not vent his feelings in that particular way.

Bottom line, please don't lose sight of what you need to do for 'you', and come back and vent all you need to! I cringe to think how I would have gotten through with some things without this place.

Last edited by ICU; 03-06-2007 at 03:00 AM.