View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 10:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
golden4life

funny isn't it

Its funny what it takes to essentially wake up and be honest with yourself about the situation. For you, it was an angry and violent episode. My AB never drank around me; not since agreeing to attend AA last year (which I've mentioned was not consistent attendance). He would wait til I went to sleep or drink at friends' houses (some friends, huh?). Last Sunday, he came home from a friend's, and it was clear he was drunk. I had seen it before. In fact, I had decided I was going to give him an ultimadum when he sobered up. Then it happened...he got his car keys. I told him he shouldn't drive. He told me he just needed to get something out of his car. I waited inside. He came back in, and plopped down a 12 pack. Right in front of me. I lost it. I grabbed my bag, my dog, and some clothes, and left.

Honestly, if he hadn't brought in that 12 pack, I probably wouldn't have left. To me it was the clearest cross road I had ever been at. As if letting him drink in front of me was a point of no return. I could either let him take me one more step into his alcoholic world, or I could take a step into my own non-alcoholic world.