Thread: Sad day for me
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
iwillriseabove

I just want to thank you all for your insight and support. I know that the decision is right.

He is at a hotel again tonight. He asked me to call and talk to his dad and stepmom tonight and then to give him my final decision. He knew I was waivering in my decision and I can't decide if he wanted me to talk to them to get their support in staying or leaving. I talked to them. His dad was angry and disappointed. Not with me, but with him for messing up again. He has agreed to coach our son's baseball team and his dad is terrified that he will show up drunk to practice one day. It is a very real possibility.

He called me, drunk, from his hotel and asked if I talked to them. I told him yes and they supported whatever decision I would make. He hung up on me. What??? I called back and he said that he hung up b/c I wasn't talking fast enough. He was being such a jerk and this was probably the 4th time tonight he had hung up on me, for no reason. I told him that he should sign the lease tomorrow. He hung up on me again. I called him back and left him a message thanking him for making my decision easier.

I am going to wash all the laundry, making sure that once he comes to get the rest of his stuff, he can grab it and leave. And I will make sure that I am not here when he does that.

That's it. I guess all I needed was for him to act like the person that I have known for so long (an a**hole). I realize it was only so difficult today b/c he was being nice. As soon as he became drunk and showed his true colors, I remembered why I am doing what I am doing.