View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wandergrrl777

Exercise is awesome!! lol Actually, I'm really lucky because my job with the dogs keeps me moving. I walk almost 10 mi. a day!! For me being physically active has to be part of my life.. I can't just set aside time to 'work out'. Like..running on a treadmill..I could never do that. I'd get bored, then distracted and it would be over. Or going to a gym..ugghh..being cooped up indoors, with a bunch of other people acting like they don't feel awkward, running on a hamster wheels, no thanks.

Working out just to work out is not appealing to me. But, going camping and having to hike rough terrain for hours IS! Taking a canoe trip and a swim in the lake. Hiking to all the great fishing spots. Climbing trees if I feel so inclined. I much prefer getting my exercise through having an active lifestyle.

I learned that I'm a high energy person and I must have physical activity in order to stay sane. I also really need to be outside getting fresh air. I'd be a ball of nerves if I weren't outside moving along all day. The side effects of being healthy and toned are just a bonus.

I just wanted to share.