View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 04:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
constant

The dark cloud!!!

Not sure where to start, but here it goes. The summer was great and the best one in years......My husband didn't drink most of the summer or very little. Was very pleasant and involved in the family.

I haven't said anything about his drinking either and it does appear that it is starting to take back over. Has anyone else seen this.....where they continue to talk the talk, but the walk isn't all there? He says he isn't going back to his old ways, but I see his personality getting grumping and lashing out again. OF course this seems to go with the beer drinking....even if he doesn't get drunk, but does have beer several days in a row he gets grumpy.

He went to a bar last Friday night....called me at 3am to see if I could come and get him from his friends house.....he wanted to be in his own bed, but knew he shouldn't drive....I told him that I could not....I had three sleeping children (he should know this they are his too) and I wouldn't wake them or leave them here. He didn't complain and came home at 7am....fell into bed reeking of alcohol. I went about my day as usual.....but why do I still feel like a dark cloud is hanging over me? I am making my own plans and doing my own thing or the kids thing, but yet I STILL feel bad because he has chosen to drink!!!! WHY??? Does that ever go away? or is it just something I have to keep shrugging off?

Would love to have y'alls opinion!

Constant