View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Janitw

Hello Ali and welcome to SR....Hon I lived 22 years with an alcoholic and my XAH never quit drinking and never even slowed down for his family....like you I knew that he drank on occasion in the beginning then very shortly after we were married came all the dui's the jail time the bondsmen ect....so we moved away hoping it would do something for our situation...and of course it didnt. Sadly to say the man of my dreams eventually left me, his kids, our grandkids, home, our entire life....behind....and for what? The first female alcoholic on the bar stool next to him...he divorced me and married his hooch a mere 4 days after our divorce was final...what I am trying to tell you is this: The only loyalty that you can believe in is that her love for the booze is stronger than her love for you....trust me and others on here we have lived it and still are...I know that this post will hurt you to read but time tells everything and maybe just maybe she will put it down completely for you....I hope to read in the near future from you that she has entered into rehab..and this is no picknick either...mind you but it is something...and at this point in the game...something is better than nothing. Stay the course and be strong and if it gets too much for you...then walk away with the knowledge of the 3 C's.
You didnt cause it
You cant control it
You cant cure it...

You are only human as we all are and you have a big heart hun....dont let an alcoholic harden it ok.

Keep coming back here and read and read and read - knowledge and boundaries are the only things that work in a situation like ours...try it and become empowered.

Take care,
Janit