View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nanita

Another fresh start is certainly a fine idea. So, here we go again! Good question, guys - what do I do for sobriety besides not drink? I read and spend a lot of time on SR. When we go on vacation in March, I will attend AA daily. I guess that's not enough, is it?

You know, I'd like to be able to tell my husband that when he wigs out about Jeremiah, it makes me want to drink. Unfortunately, that's not an option. My sobriety is more important to him than my grandson or anything else - he'd tell me to "get rid of the kid" if he felt it was a problem (and he'd mean it). The reason we have him is because my daughter is an alcoholic, and a crack and meth addict. Jeremiah's been in a foster home for 7 months because my daughter got a DUI with him in the car. If he'd been there much longer, he would have become a ward of the State. So - we agreed to take him until she gets clean and turns her life around enough to go to court and regain custody of him. We're realistic enough to know that might never happen, but we sure are hoping! We've given her six months to get it together and go to court - do you know how long six months (or longer) is? My God, it's forever!

Anyway, on with a new day and a new start. I dumped the wine and the O'Doul's.