Thread: Detox #10
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
criss-cross

The first 2 times were covered by insurance. And what wasn't was covered by Title 19 (thanks all you taxpayers). After the first 2 detoxs he lost his job and lost insurance coverage. The other times we got a spenddown (like a deductible) with Title 19 - and I've had to apply for financial aid with the hospitals - so far one has approved it/written off what wasn't covered by Title 19. Still getting bill collection notices from the other hospital- until I hear back.
That's what I spend my free time doing is applying for financial aid (as if working 40-45 hours a week isn't enough & driving kids everywhere etc.). I wouldn't still be doing it but for the fact that we are still married (until we go to court officially in July) the law, I've been told, still can and does hold me responsible for the bills. And I can't afford to pay them. I added up one day how much all the hospital bills have been (before insurance), and these are just the ones I know about it's over $150,000.

One of the Drs one time told him why are you here? It's better for you to keep drinking than to try to detox. Detox is hard on the body. One hospital did tell him to go home - of course they gave him a prescription for an addictive anti-anxiety med - ativan, and told him to see the mental health office the next day to talk with his therapist - did he - NO.