View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
wantittostop

Originally Posted by tubesk View Post

alcohol & certain things... are so closely meshed.... that although it's all well & good to say "just don't drink"... it's not that simple. not without other consequences. it's more of an "ok, I can just-not-drink... now what do I do with x & y.... what do I do when things come up that I don't know how to deal with yet... how do I prevent older ways of coping from reappearing... etc"

& stuff & things
This is what most strikes a nerve with me.

In my case, I drink for reasons and to my dismay, those problems are still going to be there if I get sober....it terrifies me.Like I said before here, I wasnt even a drinker before...I experienced a loss THEN started boozing.

Like I have seen folks mention on here before, it really does seem like it's progressive.I feel like im in a spiral and am just watching from the outside.Helpless.

I finally went to an AA meeting in my area (1 admittedly) and I could tell it wasnt going to do anything for ME....but Im a cynical *******.This comming Thrusday I have an appointment with I guess what I would describe, or what was described to me as an "alternative group".....a whole mesh of different people going through different problems.Seems like it would be more up my alley.I hope so.