View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
criss-cross

I have witnessed the hallucinations related to alcohol withdrawal.
My AH had a withdrawal seizure and 2 days later while we were still in the hospital - he whispered to me - "did you hear that, they're blaming us for the cows" Although we live in the middle of the US - we have never been involved in the cattle industry.
Then he was trying to leave and the nurse was encouraging him not too -and we tried to explain that insurance wouldn't pay if he left, so he's yelling for me to just pay the $20 and let's go.
Then he left the hospital, security started looking for him. We called his cell phone and someone asked him where he was - he said he was outside the church near our home town waiting for me. He was actually outside the hospital 3 hours from home.
After he was in ICU after that for a week - he still said to 'stay away from that church - they're evil!'
I have no doubt that hallucinations can happen with changes in alcohol level.

You came here - that's a very good start. Don't dismiss what the Drs are saying - (my AH always did). The Drs were right - but my AH didn't want to hear it. Please open your ears and listen. My AH has gotten into more problems- living his life alone (without wife & 3kids) I filed for divorce, OWI, public intox, not able to hold down a job. And the Drs also told me, he was too young for this to be happening, but alcohol ages you.