View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Golfman

Red face

Originally Posted by hope3 View Post
Hi Golfman, I personally have never answered anyone rudely, and am having a hard time putting this gently to you, however, you don't have a right to tell anyone to leave here but the moderaters, I suggest you read the posting tips please.

This is unexceptable......
"Hey Tube,

Anyone is welcome in AA, no matter how far down he has gone...if he means business. Obviously you're looking for reasons not to go rather than to go. That being said, there are others on this board who are serious about getting help. Quit wasting our time with your arguments about why you're not an alcoholic. Go on out and have one on me."

Hope3,

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else. However, I was not suggesting that Tube leave the board. If that's the impression I gave then I apologize, I was wrong. On page 161 of the BB it states, "No one is too discredited or has sunk too low to be welcomed cordially...if he means business."

Sometimes it's helpful to remember what it says on page 96 in "Working with Others". "Do not be discouraged if your prospect do not respond at once. Search out another alcoholic and try again. You are sure to find someone desperate enough to accept with eagerness what you offer. We find it a waste of time to keep chasing a man who cannot or will not work with you. If you leave such a person alone, he may soon become convinced that he cannot recover by himself. To spend too much time on any one situation is to deny some other alcoholic an opportunity to live and be happy. One of our Fellowship failed entirely with his first half dozen prospects. He often says that if he had continued to work on them, he might have deprived many others, who have since recovered, of their chance."

I certainly could have worded my remarks in a different fashion. It's obvious that my mouth sometimes speaks before my brain kicks in to tell it what to say. I must admit it's very difficult for me to to guage someone's sincerity without seeing them face to face. That's a defect of mine that I continually need to work on.

Tube,

After reading a few more of your posts it's finally plain to this old man that you are searching for help and support. Please don't let me previous post discourage you in any way. I apologize for seeming to be so uncaring. It just goes to show you that as an alcoholic, I'm never completely cured. Keep coming back, asking questions and stating your opinions. As others have stated, you are loved by all who have gone before you in your struggle.

To everyone one else, on this thread/board, my actions were clearly not guided by "God as I understand Him." They were guided by an ego that still exists.