Thread: Sponsors in AA?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 02:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi AB

Originally Posted by Abbadun View Post

I like speaker meetings and I like speakers that are not too polished in the lingo. I do not want to hear mere parroting of the the information in the books, but for real interpretations.

I agree AB, There is wisdom that comes from the many varied people in meetings as well as ( the less fun stuff for me ) recital of AA text. I go for the former and another important reason. I’m trying…and man-o-man am I trying, to get over my prejudges against AA. I like the fact that when a group of people support one and another under one cause great things happen. That happens in AA all the time. These past few days I have been looking inward and do not like what I see. I will remain a non-theist, but I will shed the anti-god mentality. If you know what I mean. I don’t want to continue to put down a program that server so many well.

Yea sure the BB and me have some problems. But if I understand this correctly: the meetings are intended to support members that want to add a spiritual dimension to their life as well as support for those who prefer to follow another direction. The only requirement………

Zencat .