View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cecilia

Talking OH NO. I think i belong here TOO.

Hi. Im visiting from the Family of Alcoholics forum. I usually dont read this forum cause I didnt think I was the child of an alcoholic too. But one of your posts caught my eye when I clicked on new posts. And then I got curious and read a few more.

DANG!!!. I just realized Im the daughter of a serial enabler. Does that make me an honorary member here? My mother doesnt drink but quite a few of her six husbands did. Some were kinda hard core wet the bed Alkies. I dont consider any of these men my relatives. But when I think about it my mothers actions because of them did have a big impact on me. She had this thing about not being alone. She would put up with ANYTHING.

I always knew if if came to a choice between me and them it was them. No thats not totally true. My real father was an evil man. She divorced him when I was three. I dont remember much of him. But Ive been told he was a lot older than her and very controlling and extremely abusive to both of us. He would burn me with cigarettes and then switch me if I cried. Even now I always keep my feelings to myself.. Boy do I hate to have people see me cry.

A lot of times I was farmed out to other relatives. Never any with kids tho. Usually old people. I think thats where I learned to be Miss Perfect.

I was very tall and gangy. I was not one of those cute little things in the frilly dresses. So I made up for it by being super helpful and smart. Hey my MOM might not want me but everyone else did. LOL. To this day I get along wonderful with older people but I have trouble wth my peers.

I was an only child growing up around only adults so I didnt learn a lot about arguing and resolving coflicts.
Children dont argue with adults if they know whats good for them. ;-)

Its funny how you dont notice something and then all of a sudden you do. Makes a lot of stuff make more sense tho. Helps me to understand my mother.