Thread: OT/ Moving
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
WantsOut
Becoming a Butterfly

Why around Houston? A few reasons ... first the house prices can't be beat. The kind of house I can afford there would cost $750k+ here. They are the kind of houses I always wanted to live in ... dining room, inground pool, plenty of space.

I am also serious when I tell you I'm sick of the cold. I really hate it. I'm tired of worrying about frozen pipes, wind chill factors, and being chilly in general. I know it's probably hotter down there than I bargained for, but I really want a weather change.

Also, my real dad lives there. I don't know him at all. I'd like to see if maybe I could get to know him. My mom left him when I was an infant. Ironically he was an A for 30 years or so but has been recovered for over a decade. I've been unable to deal with staying in contact with him in the past. It's something maybe I need to work out.

I haven't been there in a couple of years but I honestly find suburban America is pretty homogenous these days. Every place is full of the same stores, strip malls, and gas stations even if they may sport different names, they are pretty much the same.