View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Phinneas

Originally Posted by carly0009 View Post
I have so much to be thankful for but somehow, for some reason, I am not able to live life normally.
I can only speak for myself and from my own lived experience, Carly, but when I finally accepted (after beating my head against that same brick wall too many times to count) is that the reason I am not normal and can never be normal is because I have the disease of alcoholism. Alcoholism does not discriminate. Life circumstances vary widely, tragedy and abuse and pain and suffering in life all happens, but alcoholism is what it is for each and every one of us.

I guess what I am trying to say is that once I got to a place of surrender and acceptance about the disease of alcoholism within me, I could finally start doing something about it. I could find the solution and live it 5 minutes, one hour and one day at a time. I found real, honest recovery in the rooms of AA and NA. There are other programs of recovery and I do not promote one over another as long as we (meaning me, you and everyone suffering from this disease) finds what works for them to stop and STAY stopped.

There is hope. There is a solution. There is recovery. May you find it now, my friend.

Last edited by Phinneas; 02-05-2007 at 04:02 PM.