Thread: Enabler?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Summer

Lightbulb Enabler?

My sister-in-law and I have had some good talks about her brother's drinking. She has been away for awhile but is back for good now. When she asks about his drinking I'm usually pretty honest and informative. I try not to complain or trash him (even though some days I'd like too!) Anyway he was out late again the other night and both of them showed up at the house. I knew right away he had been drinking and I asked her about it. She sort of danced around it and said something like she didn't drink because she was driving. I felt like I was sitting in my home with two people pretending that everything was o.k. even though he was acting like an idiot... terrible conversation, swearing, etc. She stayed overnight and we never discussed it the next morning. I guess with all our conversations about it I thought she'd just say it how it was. Is this program people versus earth people? I had to throw that in there, it was something someone said at a meeting last night and I feel that I can see so much more clearly now since going to Alanon.
Summer