Thread: New Person
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 02:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gomez_Addams

New Person

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm an alcoholic, but I do know that I have a drinking problem. While I don't drink every day, when the opportunity presents itself, for example, when I don't have to be any where the next day, I drink -- mostly on weekends. I rarely drink two days in a row. I sometimes drink every other day.

I have an anxiety disorder that, after a night of drinking, leaves me feeling terribly anxious -- so much so that, when hungover, I vow to never drink again. Of course, the next day, when I'm feeling better, I do it all over again.

Anyway, I drank Thursday. Normally I'd drink again on Saturday -- drinking is the only thing that allows me to relax. But I know it's not good for me. And genetically -- my mom was chemically dependant, but no longer is. My dad is an practicing alcoholic.

I'm thinking about going to a meeting. I've been to few in the past. I've contacted a former therapist and hope to arrange an appointment soon. I want to stay sober this weekend. I told my wife this. She was pretty blunt, telling me she's heard that before. She has.

The more I write, the more I think I probably am an alcoholic.

Thanks for listening,

"Gomez"