Old 01-28-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dobiediva

I'm not an alcoholic. I don't drink at all. When I first met my XABF's friends one of them kept CONSTANTLY asking why I didn't drink. She thought it was so weird that there are actually people out there who don't want to and don't HAVE TO! (She is a cocaine addict and heavy social drinker--not an alcoholic tho'). She finally after about an hour of wondering came out and asked me if I was a recovering alcoholic. I said no, which really got her mind going. To this day every time I see her (which isn't hardly ever since she's really getting bad with her coke addiction) she still can't believe I don't drink. Probably would've been easier to just say YES and make her feel bad for bugging me about it!! Maybe it was just hard for her since I was dating an alcoholic and she didn't see why we were together?? Afterall, she started drinking and doing coke for HER man! Maybe she was just amazed that there are people out there who don't have to "cave" to fit in! If you don't want to drink, then DON'T. If people bug you just tell them you don't want to. Or tell them you are recovering. Maybe someone else will find hope and inspiration in your strength!