View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
WantsOut
Becoming a Butterfly

I know you didn't ask for advice, but I'm going to give you a bit anyway. I rule this house with an iron fist and this is how I do it. You don't do what I want, I don't do what you want. For the next few days, maybe even a week, consider refusing them everything. No cooking. No laundry. No rides. No money. And when they ask for these things say, "I am not doing anything for anyone who calls me names and is rude and disrespectful. If you people want me to to take care of you you will respect me." And stick to it, baby. Don't be afraid to cook for yourself and eat in front of the little so-and-sos either.

I went through this with my son once, tho I admit opposite sex parental relationships are easier. He gave me crap then re-appeared not even an hour later to ask me for something. I told him in an angry tone, "You just refused to do what I asked you, so the answer is no." He was so shocked - he tried to weasel, "But mom ... "

But mom my arse ...

He does, for the most part, whatever I ask of him now.

I hope this helps, hon. By being a hardcase you'll be doing them and yourself a big favor.

Last edited by WantsOut; 01-22-2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: quick addition