View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
criss-cross

Unhappy Having a bad day

I'm just upset
Got home picked up the kids from a friends - they instantly start fighting.
13 year old demands I take her to the ER because she slipped on the ice and her leg hurts (walks just fine- she's always doing this - something is always wrong) Then uses her famous line 'you never do anything!'.
I park in the garage and the phone out there rings so 10 year old answers it, it's for me.
Some lady from a collection agency wanting to know about my AH's bill with some hospital. She can't tell me a date of service all she can say is the amount $700 (one of the smaller ones) I'm standing out in the cold I don't really want to sit and discuss it with her (I don't know where this bill is with insurance/Medicaid I mean I just got home)- so I say he doesn't live here anymore -"well the account is in both of your names".
"I don't have $700 to give you, so do what you have to do"
"ok, bye"
I get in the house, 7 year old and 10 year old are fighting about one of them dropping a key. It turns into a grab you and throw you down fight amongst all the boots, bookbags & etc. in the kitchen. I separate them and send everyone to their rooms (it's 6 p.m.)
13 year old comes down because it didn't involve her even though she had started the fighting in the van on the way home.
It has become such a power struggle with her anymore. "I have never done anything for her her whole life," she says. I don't wash her clothes, buy her all the stuff she wants (except the IPod & PS2) - never cook for her, take her to school no I don't do anything!
Counselor's going to talk with her and see if she has depression the next time she goes there.
She won't go to her room until I get her something, I won't get her something until she goes to her room - (this is her 3rd ultimatum she's given me - she just keeps making up a new rule)
She seems to keep harrassing me like her AF did - like if she keeps doing it, I'll give in and give her what she wants. I will not be played like that anymore.
I just wanted to come home - watch tv and be with my kids and I can't even do that without them wanting to hurt each other.
And they just keep calling me names idiot, ******, and others not to be mentioned.
I wish I had left my AH along time ago... the kids might not be so screwed up and I definitely would be a little better financially.
He's starting over in a new apartment -getting new stuff, skipping out on everything and only paying me $100/month child support. And I'm left picking up the 'million little pieces' that he made.