View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
came2believe

Originally Posted by losteverything View Post
Okay, basically through day 3 sober now....and here at work, perhaps with too much time to think about this, but I really am starting to wonder, whats the friggin point of quitting? My quitting will not bring my wife and kids back...it wont save my house from having to be paid off for the debts...it wont keep the bills from accumulating, or my attorney phoning with yet more bad news....My quitting drinking is really like closing the barn doors after the horses have escaped..It will just be a big empty lonely space. I can quit drinking, i realize that...but if its my only friend, why would I? just to sit alone at home, with my stress, confusion, depression.....I mean, if booze actually brings some solace to your life, a bit of comfort each night, rather than sitting home drinking diet coke and watching the rest of the world go by....sobriety kinda sucks then....... All the things i have lost will never be replaced by quitting drinking...I mean, a man is entitled to a little comfort in life, right?
There is nothing so bad a drink won't make it worse...

This thinking above is just plain silly. I think you are BETTER than these thoughts that alcohol is sending you. You are smarter than this, Lost.

This is alcohol rearing its head and trying to trick you into drinking. Dissect these thoughts for a moment though. It is like lamenting a big old dent in your car and then deciding it looks so bad you are going to drive it over a cliff to finish the job. Or your kid has a broken leg so you may as well smash in his head as well. I just don't get it?

Your 4 days are a great start, please go get some SUPPORT somewhere....