View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
hope3
Hope3

Red face

Originally Posted by losteverything View Post
Adult baby? wallowing? mmmmm, is this part of that whole non judgemental acceptance thing you learn about in AA? thanks.....can do without that...thanks for that post...
Hi LET, I'm not in AA, but I know it works for a lot of people.
I don't believe tough love ever opened minds.

I do believe tough love works for some people through fear though.

Your Qoute LET "Okay, basically through day 3 sober now....and here at work, perhaps with too much time to think about this, but I really am starting to wonder, whats the friggin point of quitting? My quitting will not bring my wife and kids back...it wont save my house from having to be paid off for the debts...it wont keep the bills from accumulating, or my attorney phoning with yet more bad news....My quitting drinking is really like closing the barn doors after the horses have escaped..It will just be a big empty lonely space. I can quit drinking, i realize that..."

So what are you looking for, lets figure it out together!

Are you looking for compassion? I'll give it to you,

Are you looking for help? I'll try.

Are you looking for us to say, you're right, go ahead and drink? I can't, because I know what that brings, and I don't really think you want that, do you?

Talk to me LET. What are things that you like and want, not everything cost money. Hugs and LOL, hope3.

Last edited by hope3; 01-21-2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling and wording