View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Originally Posted by losteverything View Post
...so yeah, I am a big baby, and a sucker on top of that, but unless you know the complete story, ahh, whats it matter anyhow...I will quit drinking for the foreseeable future, out of promise to my daughter about the smoking thing...but doubt i will be back here, so dont bother posting any replies...way to friggin accusational and critical...can go take it from my stbx if i needed more abuse....
Lost,
You will find folks round here a lot more supportive when you are actually wanting help rather than trying to convince us that alcohol is an answer...that alcohol is justifable for your situation. Alcohol given instant gratification but at a very high price. I know that when I first read your post...yes, it made me angry because you have children who need a father...a live, sane,mature and financially responsible father. It made me angry because you were putting your pain before their welfare. I'm not saying that pain is enjoyable..believe me every alcoholic is quite versed on the horridness of pain...every alcoholic sooner or later will lose all that is dear to him or her. Cutting of the support of SR is once again, cutting off nose to spite face. Hey been there, done that! I got ticked off at an AA meeting two weeks ago and swore I would never return to that meeting because of something said. Turns out my anger over what was said triggered a whole bunch of stuff in me that after some time and process...like a week and a half and three days of misery and pain in there...I found what the darkness was trying to show me. This isn't easy Lost....
If someone calls ya a big baby..it's because we can see that behaviour in ya cuz we've ALL BEEN BIG BABIES...that's what alcoholics truly are. We want everything right now and on our terms. 42 days ago I was an emotionally crippled little girl lost in her own pity party...each day I grow up a little more and see the errors of my thinking ..and my previous selfishness...it process...and it's work..and it's hard and its scary...but with faith in "something" Lost, you will find the courage to carry on. Your children need a father..and that father is you