Thread: Thank you- Taz
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Greeneyes thank you, all of you help keep me sober, my sharing with you all is helping me as well as I hope and pray helping someone else.

Even those who share here about thier failures help us.

Those who are honest and try moderation and fail help me stay sober by reminding me that I am an alcoholic, I have a disease that the only way I can control it is through total abstenance from alcohol.

I am an alcoholic, I can not safely ever drink again or I will be right back where I left off when I quit.

Those who come on here and share their lack of control or their relapses help me to stay sober as well as help others stay sober.

I love every one of you, this is one of the reasons I share and why I read what you all share, with some I see where I was at and relate, with others I see where I want to be.

I see myself in all of the folks who post here, I see the ego I had in some, the one I have in others, and the one I want to have in the future.

For those with long term happy sobriety I want what you have, and for those who want what I have at this point in my sobriety I am more then willing to give it to you.

To paraphrase something said in the Big Book: "You have to give it away to keep it"

My motto is to "FOLLOW DIRECTIONS", and those who have what I want have shared with me freely how they got there and have told me to give what I have away freely, so I am simply following directions.

God am I happy and sober to enjoy it!