Notices

Thank you- Taz

Old 01-18-2007, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Thank you- Taz

I just wanted to thank you for all that you say and do for everyone. You seem to be on here so much just to help people and to be a friend because you understand. We ALL need more people like you in the world and if you did not care for us, you would not be here for us. Thank you.

Hugs!
Pamela
Old 01-19-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Greeneyes thank you, all of you help keep me sober, my sharing with you all is helping me as well as I hope and pray helping someone else.

Even those who share here about thier failures help us.

Those who are honest and try moderation and fail help me stay sober by reminding me that I am an alcoholic, I have a disease that the only way I can control it is through total abstenance from alcohol.

I am an alcoholic, I can not safely ever drink again or I will be right back where I left off when I quit.

Those who come on here and share their lack of control or their relapses help me to stay sober as well as help others stay sober.

I love every one of you, this is one of the reasons I share and why I read what you all share, with some I see where I was at and relate, with others I see where I want to be.

I see myself in all of the folks who post here, I see the ego I had in some, the one I have in others, and the one I want to have in the future.

For those with long term happy sobriety I want what you have, and for those who want what I have at this point in my sobriety I am more then willing to give it to you.

To paraphrase something said in the Big Book: "You have to give it away to keep it"

My motto is to "FOLLOW DIRECTIONS", and those who have what I want have shared with me freely how they got there and have told me to give what I have away freely, so I am simply following directions.

God am I happy and sober to enjoy it!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wholeheartedly agree with Greeneyes...your support, insight and wisdom is amazing. On point, I was thinking this morning about a previous post where someone said they were resistant to AA because it was brainwashing. And ya know what, this morning I had to agree. AA has "washed my brain" of old selfish ways of thinking...and helped me to see the absolute beauty and benefit of reaching out and genuinely caring about the welfare of others, instead of only concerning myself with myself and "protecting" that self from the outside world. It's awesome.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Nuudawn the support, insight and wisdom I share is not my own, it is something my HP gave to me, he gave it to me to share with others if I chose to do it. Well knowing I have to give it away to keep it is incentive enough, my hope is that something I say here one day may help someone either get sober or stay sober.

My HP has given me AA and blessed me with fellow alcoholics in those rooms who have freely shared their hope, strength, and experiences with me to help me maintain my happy sobriety. God has given me sobriety which has led to my happiness and all he ask of me is to share my hope, strength, and experience with others.

AA is not strictly limited to helping alcoholics stay sober, it is about alcoholics helping other alcoholics become happy productive people in any way they possibly can.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I second that Greeneyes. Tazman Thank you very much for your participation here. You're a great inspiration to us all. I hope I soon to "follow directions" like you did.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I continue to follow directions, for when I stop following directions is when I will be working my way back to my next drink, and since I am but one drink away from a drunk that will send me right back to the point I left off my drinking when I quit and I damn sure do not want to go back to that hell.