Thread: making choices
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 12:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
sunshyne
Paused

SoConfused...

I think our A's actually believe themselves. I know 2 years ago my husband and I where in a heated argument...he was drunk and slightly pushed me and my head busted on a rock. I think they put 3 staples in it...nothing major. He was kept telling me it was minor and I shouldn't have went to the hospital. I filed a restraining order out of anger not fear...revenge if you will. The courts slapped an assault charge on him. He was convinced that he did nothing wrong because I came to where he was staying. He hired an attorney and told the attorney he didn't do anything. By the time we went to court he had me believing that and I had tripped. I was defending him to no end. He even requested a jury trial several times. He never asked me to lie he just was so convincing I had trouble believing what happened. He got 2 years probation out of it and 1 year on the shelf for those 2 years. We requested tapes of the court hearings and when I watch them now...what an idiot I looked like.

I wish you well with your court date. I know it's hard to walk in that courtroom but believe me even if you side with him now...the Commonwealth most always takes it up. You have no say in the situation if you live in a Commonwealth State...which I do. In the end I am glad I do because that has 90% kept him on the straight and narrow as far as physical abuse.

Your in my thoughts...stand your ground and don't let him speak through your lips.