View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Originally Posted by harleygirl74 View Post
So far I'm trying to do this on my own. Not sure if that's the best way or not but the only avenue I have right now. I don't seem to be doing so well at it. I am going to look for a meeting in my area tomorrow. I DO want to start with that. Thanks to all who have already given me such wonderful support and advise.
Hon do not give up on giving up. I will tell you what I did.

I drank for 40 years, the last 10 years I spent trying to control or quit my drinking and was a miserable failure no matter what I tried on my own or how hard I tried, I finally knew I could not do it on my own but I didn't know what to do so I put myself into de-tox, once I was really sober after about 4-5 days (Well as sober as one can be after 40 years of drinking), I decided upon the de-tox centers reccomendation of AA if I was serious about staying sober to go to AA. Well here I am still in AA and have been sober 116 days straight and I am happier then I have been in 30 years. All of that thanks to AA and my Higher Power.

Hon you may find it easier going to a meeting if you know someone, why don't you call your AA hotline in your area, not only can they tell you where all the meetings in your area are, you could really bless someone by asking for them to give you a ride to a meeting or meeting you there. When you go to the meeting go early and let one of the ladies there know it is your first meeting and some old drunk guy told you to ask them about a sponsor! LOL