View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ahimsa

Hi blessed2be...your post hit me at a great time, I too am in the process of the cutting-off concept. I read a lot of great posts in response to my questions about cutting off contact, and they mostly centered around not having to make a *permanent* decision, that it can be a day-to-day decision, and to just keep those boundaries where they are comfortable for me. I too am an only child, and when my mom is not having a terrible day, we are actually pretty close, which makes the thought of cutting off contact hard to swallow. But those days when things aren't so good completely obliterate the good days, and in a way, make the good days seem very "fake" and insincere. I am sorry that you weren't able to call your mom on her birthday today, or attend a meeting. I am approaching the cutting off point also, and my mom's birthday is Feb.6th...coming up soon. I don't really have much advice for you, but know that I support you in whatever keeps you and your family safe/sane. I have had a hard time keeping boundaries in the past, so I hope when I attempt it again, I can be as dedicated to it as I need to be, for my own sanity. I haven't attended any meetings yet, but plan to start as soon as I am done with my x-country move next week...a fresh start :0) Glad to hear that it's working for you, and good luck with everything!!