View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mfisher

When in despair we look to our higher power for answers, messages anything to help us.
When life is going good these messages still come or I guess we feel we still get them. I am wired to interpet the negative. I have had to make myself rethink and reprocess my messages.
So you might interpet your message as "get away from this person"
OR could it be saying let yourself go, let the negative thoughts go, be free, ride the wave and it actually has nothing to do with this new person.
I lived with my ex AH for 23 years, so I definatly had to reprogram my thoughts. I have been in a new relationship for 2 years. I thought I was getting messages all the time. I had to free myself, let it ride. It was very hard to do as I had to always be in control of the situation.
I was sitting in church one day carrying the burdens of the world and the pastor said "let god take the yolk of the burdens that are hanging on your shoulders and be free". That hit me and I felt as though the weight of the world was lifted.
It is strange how we get these messages and what we do with them.
I still have my days, I don't think I ever realized how much of an impact having an alcoholic in my life would have even after they are gone.