View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
meblonde
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

ay100..
If that is what it takes it is better than nothing. But let me tell you what I did. I made a promise not to drink for one year. Guess what? I did it. Nothing for a year. From Christmas to the day after christmas the following year. Then I decided I would have a little sip when I was taking down christmas decorations. Well, I made the year.. that was 5 years ago and I have been drinking sence. not everyday, but often and then last Feb I had a very bad hurt come into my life and I have drank every day but twice sence. I guess when i promised not to drink I should have said forever not a year!
But if you can ween yourself down to nothing and STAY there. I say good for you!
Drinking is sort of like people losing wieght, when they go off the diet or way of life they put back on twice as much as they took off. When a person stops drinking and goes back its over board with drinking too.. Just like I did,.
It seems like anything we have to deprive ourselves of, when we decide to have it again we have it way to much, like we will never be able to have it again.
I quit for 5 days this month but that was a few days ago. I need to promise again I guess to get back on track.