View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BDDIII

Thanks for all the input people.

The reason I chose to go to detox/treatment this week is because I realized I couldn't go this alone, and since my marriage is definitely over I would not be able to rely on that as a means of support (my wife, God bless her, heard me cry wolf 100s of times and couldn't take it any more.) Anyway, I need some outside input and support to make it through this, and it seemed like a good idea to detox and get my health checked out to see what I am up against.

I tried to explain this to my wife today, but I think all she got out of it was "he's drinking again." My heart really is in the right place this time, and I want to be an example of what a good man should be to my son, regaining the integrity and pride I once had when I was younger. I haven't heard from her this evening, so hopefully she is a little more at peace with the situation after thinking it through some more.

I love my son so much, and I can't imagine a life without him in it. I realize that this could very well be my last chance with him, and it's a chance I can't take.

Thanks again people. I like this forum and plan to hang around. My son and I are currently without a car (another story for another time), which makes it difficult to catch meetings regularly, so I'm glad I have this to fall back on.