View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
BrandiK
Sober and Free

Just responding to the original thread

I had my first spiritual awakening in the program at 15. Sounds crazy huh? I didnt even want to be there, forced through out patient rehab. But that moment has stuck with me forever. I did not even know it was attached to an existing religion until a few years later ... but I am still practicing my faith today.

This time round, I had what I refer to as my 'renewal', the thing that made this time 'stick' so far. I prayed and prayed for help in recovery, because I (personally) was not making it on my own. I dreamed of my HP, and it was pretty profound.

As to the other posts in the thread, personally, I dont care what you believe or if you believe anything at all. As long as it works for you, it's all good. I dont go about touting my God, converting anyone. Works for me, but heck, many think my beliefs are way out there anyway. Who am I to judge! Ha!

But I did want to respond just briefly on the one that said it was egotistical for humans to think god would be involved in personal lives. Again, beliefs differ. Personally, I believe 'god' (let's just stick to the generic term...not referancing any god in particular) to be too big to fit into any one ideal. And is big enough to encompass everything, and exist in everything. That includes us. We are, after all, all star matter. Why can we not be god too? Just a random thought. No arguing, no disputing...just popped into my head and thought I'd blub it out

I loved reading everyone's stories, thank you for sharing.