View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 04:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nakonc

((((JT))))

It's nice to hear you are doing so great. It must be quite a challenging time in your life. Just remember to take care of yourself. I always tend to forget about myself in times of crisis.

I'll add this from Courage to Change: August 16

During stressful periods it can be tempting to skip a meal, push ourselves until we are totally exhausted, and generally ignore our basic needs. In the midst of crisis, taking time out for an Al-Anon meeting, a call to a sponsor, or a breath of fresh air may seem like a waste of all-too-precious moments. There don't seem to be enough hours in a day, and something has to go. But are we choosing wisely?

At the very time we most need to take good care of ourselves, we are likely to do the opposite. If we decide that our needs are unimportant or that we're too busy, we sabotage our own best interests. In times of crisis, we need to be at our best. By making an extra effort to get nutritious food, sleep, Al-Anon support, relaxation, and quiet time with our Higher Power, we strengthen ourselves physically, emotionally, and spiritually. This can make a difficult situation a little easier.

Today's Reminder

I am the only one who can make my well-being my top priority. I owe it to myself to pay attention to the needs of my body, mind, and spirit.

"Putting first things first in troubled times means finding whatever way I can to set aside my burdens, even if just for a moment, to make time for myself."

...In All Our Affairs

Hugs

Natasha