On the road again...

Old 08-20-2003, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

On the road again...

The Beav was transfered to prison today...south of here for intake and then on to one of the 40 prison's in this state.

He called last night and damn, I am finally getting good. He was complaining about the guy who called the cops on him (at my recommendations but he doesn't know that) and I told him not to blame him. It was all the stuff that went before that got him where he is.

He keeps harping on Beavette visiting him and I asked him if he wants Beavette to go to school and say his daddy's in prison...he said "no". I laughed and said something about Beavette's life being like a bad country western song and The Beav laughed too.

He complained about a guy with 5 DUI's who only got 60 days because he had a lawyer (which I would not do) and I said..."The system sucks"

I also told him that he will not stop until the consequences make him.

I have learned the hard way that he does not tip toe around me so I will not tip toe around him anymore. . I have not been rude or mean to him but calling a spade a spade is fair.

When he gets out I will offer him our help in getting into a halfway house in another town where there is public transporatation so he can get around. He says that is what he wants. Time will tell.

I hope he stays safe,
JT
Old 08-20-2003, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((((((((JT)))))))))) You inspire me every single day. You truly are a shining example of the program at its best, and how it works if you work it. God Bless you!
Old 08-20-2003, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Ditto! You seem to be at peace with all of this and that's the most any of us could ever hope for in life.

Blessings and prayers to you and the Beav.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hi J.T.,

That conversation sure sounds familiar.

Dam, you are good! I'm taking notes.

You should be getting a box of his "personal"
belongings from jail any day now. That's how
they do it here. Federal Express even.

I hope and pray he stays safe too.

Hugs,
Old 08-20-2003, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

JT, bless your heart

(and bless the little Beavette's heart too). It sounds like you are offering the Beav all the right kind of help, without enabling him. Somebody pass the tiara to JT. I think she deserves something pretty and sparkly on her head at the moment.
Peace,
Gabe
NOTE TO TIARA LOVERS: My sister's store is currently selling tiaras with a battery pack that have *GASP* flashing sparkly lights on them. Bless me Father, I think I have "tiara envy".
Old 08-20-2003, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

LOL Gabe...can you get me one of those??? It might keep Ward awake at night and know what he is married to!

Josie...in these here parts I have to stop and pick up his "box". The county jail is in my town so it isn't a problem.

He talks about what they do when he is released. He is on lockdown for 72 hours at home. I even asked him..."What if you have no where to go?" He said he would be in violation of parole? Considering the legal system I didn't jump to conclusions that he was lying.

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-20-2003, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Oh and he said he was shooting for house arrest. I burst into laughter! I was thinking about what Smoke said about "A sentence the whole family can enjoy" and I said that to him. He laughed with me.

He is in a good place, really. Nervous but resigned.

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-20-2003, 10:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so happy you are feeling good about your interaction with your son. It's so nice that even under difficult circumstances you can both communicate and be present for eachother without blaming and arguing. Your attitude is inspiring.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

JT,

I am going to pray he stays safe. I have a family member in prison right now and pray for his safety and I'll just add the Beav to the prayer. Lets hope this helps him.

How long will he be in???

Hugs,
MG

Old 08-21-2003, 02:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey JT

You do sound like you are okay and that is good. I will be thinking of you and your family and keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 08-21-2003, 04:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((JT))))

It's nice to hear you are doing so great. It must be quite a challenging time in your life. Just remember to take care of yourself. I always tend to forget about myself in times of crisis.

I'll add this from Courage to Change: August 16

During stressful periods it can be tempting to skip a meal, push ourselves until we are totally exhausted, and generally ignore our basic needs. In the midst of crisis, taking time out for an Al-Anon meeting, a call to a sponsor, or a breath of fresh air may seem like a waste of all-too-precious moments. There don't seem to be enough hours in a day, and something has to go. But are we choosing wisely?

At the very time we most need to take good care of ourselves, we are likely to do the opposite. If we decide that our needs are unimportant or that we're too busy, we sabotage our own best interests. In times of crisis, we need to be at our best. By making an extra effort to get nutritious food, sleep, Al-Anon support, relaxation, and quiet time with our Higher Power, we strengthen ourselves physically, emotionally, and spiritually. This can make a difficult situation a little easier.

Today's Reminder

I am the only one who can make my well-being my top priority. I owe it to myself to pay attention to the needs of my body, mind, and spirit.

"Putting first things first in troubled times means finding whatever way I can to set aside my burdens, even if just for a moment, to make time for myself."

...In All Our Affairs

Hugs

Natasha
Old 08-21-2003, 04:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

MG,

He is not sure...4 months at the most it sounds like. Which would put him out right around Christmas...which is not lost on me. He asked me to look him up on the DOC site and tell him when his parol date is. Just what a mother needs to do...look for the mug shot.

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-21-2003, 04:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OMG JT we posted our messages seconds apart! Lol

Hope you're doing fine

Natasha
Old 08-21-2003, 05:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Thanks Natasha!

JT
Old 08-21-2003, 06:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

JT

Your wonderful attitude bespeaks your recovery. I know this must be a difficult time for you, but I can already see you have your tools in place.

He'll be fine and the fact that you two can have these healthy conversations shows that he has had some time to think too, and that can never be bad.

And I love what Smoke said. . How true is that!!!

Hugs and prayers for all of you, and especially the Beavette.

Ann
Old 08-21-2003, 07:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Paused

Re: On the road again...

Originally posted by Just Tired
I have not been rude or mean to him but calling a spade a spade is fair.

Ya-hoo! Way to go!

Doesn't it feel good to be able to speak the truth without them putting a guilt trip on you?

They just hate it when we choose to get off their self-pity trains.

Thanks for providing us all with a good example of handling these situations.