View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Atir
Paused

Doing the right thing???

I'm new here and have not posted anything before. I came across this site while in desperation with my husband. We have only been married for 6 months and he had been sober for a year at that stage. Within 2 months he had a slip and since then has drunk every 4 weeks. Each time I walk out and stay with family and one time I went overseas. When he drinks it goes on for days with just drinking and sleeping (no night or day). He gets argumentative and intimitating and gets into the poor me's. When he finally pulls himself together he is always sorry and wants me back to help him. I am finding it harder and harder to come back and never know what to do as I love him dearly.

This last time decided I needed to get some support and also had to find ways that if he drinks then he leaves. Some of this I have done. He is also trying to do things differently by going to the doctor who has put him on anti-depresants and also antabuse and he is getting some counselling. He is now trying to make it up to me and is feeling guilty about drinking. I have decided to tell him how much it hurts me and I don't care if it hurts. I feel he needs to know. The biggest problem is know what the right thing to do it.

I think this forum is excellent as I don't feel alone anymore, THANK YOU!!. I need to find a alanon meeting that I can fit into my week and I need to keep coming back here often.