Old 12-29-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GirlInterrupted
I can't save you

Denny57:: Well i feel like it is getting someone, or will. I'm finally realizing i have issues to work on and no matter how many times i try to fix someone && how good it makes me feel trying to help them (even if they treat me like dirt). at the end of the day i am still stuck being me, and if i dont learn to love myself then the stuff i have gone threw will only repeat, it's inevitable. In the end its okay to love people && accept them for who they are, but not let them walk all over me. I can't protect other people from themselves, i can only protect me from them (and myself). Even though i have come to the realization of that, getting to the other side of this is still going to be hard.

JessicaNAJ:: My codependency began when i was very young too. Which is why i think all the relationships i have been in have been abusive ((but this IS the first alcoholic i dated)). I accually think it began before i was born concidering the fact that my mom is EXSACTLY **and i mean we could have been cloned** like me. Maybe it was a learned behavior i was bound to get from her. But dont get me wrong, i am not trying to blame her for it or anything. I love her veryyyy much.

Mellowcup:: What does a porkchop have to do with this. And my mom may have not fed him pork chops knowing it would hurt him....but i sure would && will!