Old 12-29-2006, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GirlInterrupted
I can't save you

If i am codependent, wouldn't that mean i am responsable?

I understand that i may have a problem being codependent ((concidering the fact that i show all the signs)). But wouldn't being codependent make it my problem for getting into an abusive relationship with an alcoholic my fault?? Cause really i allowed him to abuse me;; and i dated him just like he dated me. && i allowed myself to fall in love with him. So am i responsable for the damage thats done? Or is no one to blame?

Realising all this stuff is kind of confusing. There's so much i can learn and can do. But at the same time it's really scarey because living the way i did was like a saftey net even though it hurt me in the end. And now, without my safety net, where do i fall?

I know his problems are out of my hands. I just wish i never got involved with him in the first place..not HIM, just his problems. I love HIM, just not what he is becoming. As much as i should hate him, i don't think i could accually hate anyone.

it's wierd... after all the people i have tried to help in my life (including my Aex-bf) i really never thought i'd have to save myself.