View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BrandiK
Sober and Free

nine days is fantastic! Keep trying! It took me months to get past 5, then made it to 9, today is day 19. If you fall, get right back up.

I started asking myself why I felt the need to punish myself w/ drinking. It was amazing to find answers there! "Why am I being self defeating?" - "Because the kids keep screaming" "so why drink?" "Because I don't know how to stop it/want to deal with it/can't handle it/am not a good enough mother/loosing the battle anyway.." and on and on and on. Then, I'd ask that alkie voice, "And drinking will help...how?" and consciously bring up the image of having to chase after the kids while drunk, the mess that will be there in the morning, the illness that follows with out doubt for me...and somehow drinking does not seem the easiest answer. But i have to really convience myself, as my alcoholic voice is incredably persuasive.
I guess my long winded point is I have to reason it out and allow myself to not hurt me by drinking.

Good luck! You can do this. Keep working it, keep coming back. It's hard with no day care, I know. But fill your head with the words, the books, the sites, anything.