View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
minah

First of, Merry Christmas one and all. May the spirit of peace be with you today. We only have a few more minutes of christmas day left in my part of the world.

I really liked today's reading from Courage to Change. I especially liked the bit from 'today's reminder' about aligning the tongue and the spirit. Wow!!! i've often been eluded by the mind (emotion)-body connection. It is pretty powerful challenge for me to try to align my thoughts and my actions. I am a walking hypocrite many times..... a tense "i'm fine" when I really mean " i'm disappointed & angry" ... I was meditating on my recent actions which did not demonstrate mind-body alignment (sometimes not extreme but still points of discomfort which I grit my teeth about and did not deal with right then and then)and how I could handle those situations in the future. Sometimes projection is good and is not just fantasy, i think :-)

anyhooooww.... i think the reading really spoke to me because i am very emotionally stunted and have often used the silent treatment as a response to feeling hurt/angry/any unpleasant emotion. It is so hard for me to verbalize my displeasure constructively! But slowly slowly..... I have a lot of hope and am very thankful for Al-Anon fellowship and its program of recovery. I hope that you too have found salvation from this sickeness.

May your holiday season be blessed with love and hope for a new day. merry christmas. Minah