Old 12-24-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
sketscher

Mr. C you know how people are always saying women like jerks? I think it's just that people, men and women, like something that is unatainable to a degree.

If you offer the world too quickly I would be a bit suspicious. In fact that recently happened to me during my separation from xabf. I went out with this guy who on the first date was so enthusiastic about me that it actually turned me off. It flattered me but it frightened me as well. When I showed signs of reluctancy he tried harder to encourage me to date him which in turn actually really irritated me. For the first time in my life I understood why men ditch clingy woman. I never went out with that guy again.

You also have a point about the age we live in. I know I often have my guard up. There are just too many stories out there of men hurting women physically. I'm rather distant in public. I find myself chatting with old men a lot and women while at the grocery store for instance but I hardly notice men my age and if I do they are with women or kids.

I looked at you pic too and embraced is right. You are certainly good looking. Perhaps you needn't try so hard. Be a little less available. I think it's all about timing sometimes. It seems twisted I know but being hard to get is more attractive.