View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 04:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
embraced2000

merry christmas sweetie.....all my prayers up to you and your hubby. please consider getting the help you will need....al-anon will help learn how to keep your own life together through his sobriety.

living in sobriety, after years of living in alcoholism, is a whole different life....please welcome the new change with all the knowlege and support you can find so that you will be prepared.

you sound so wonderful....so does your husband.

have you considered medical help for the detoxing part??.....detoxing can be very serious and should be monitored.

i will share with you a little of my experience....xah got sober one time for 10 months....life should have been wonderful, after all, i got what i had so desperately wanted and prayed for, for so very long.

well, it wasn't a bed of roses. during his active alcoholism, i had learned how to live with all the chaos....handling the money, hiding the money, not telling him what was going on in the real world, for fear of setting him off, trying to keep things on a even keel, shieldling him from all life's realities.....

so he got sober, and wanted to have a hand in the adult world of life....it scared the bejeesus outta me.....how could i hand over the credit cards, the check book.....how could i share with him anything that used to set him off???? it was very stressful for me. al-anon helped me deal with all of this in a way that i could understand.

jmo....take what you like and leave the rest.

love to you
jeri