View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
embraced2000

welcome.....you never have to be alone in this again!!!! doesn't that feel good??? and we all understand....there's nothing you can say about your circumstances that will shock us....cause we have all lived it, so don't be shy about sharing and asking questions.

i can sense the love you feel from your husband from your post.....have you asked him to get help or go to aa??? in my opinion, if a mate is acceptable to having you approach them, i believe one should ask....ONE TIME.....and one time only.....chances are he may be reluctant to even admit there is a problem let alone seek help....but you never know....he just might.

the only thing you can do, is to take care of yourself. living with an alcoholic that you love is quite possible....there are many in my al-anon extended family that still live with their alcoholics....but these people are happy because they have learned how to take care of themselves instead of living in their alcoholics chaos. it can be done.....for me, i could not stay, much to my heartbreak....

love to you
jeri